Prospect - the union for all in Vodafone
Prospect and its Communications and Digital division of the BECTU sector has been committed to organising in Vodafone for more than a decade, helping to improve working lives and supporting members when they need it.
Prospect is the only union to:
- Support all grades within Vodafone, with members at all sites and throughout the retail estate.
- Have a good long-standing reputation for handling cases within the company.
- Campaign actively for you at work.
- Have a regular dialogue with Vodafone.
As a member of Prospect you benefit from:
Advice - our helpdesk can help with work related queries.
Representation and support - our trained case handlers can help to resolve individual problems at work.
Information - members get regular updates on important issues, such as terms and conditions and statutory rights.
Benefits - members enjoy access to an array of services, from free legal advice to savings on dental and optician costs.
Union recognition within your grasp
Prospect is here for you in the long term. Our purpose in Vodafone is not only to represent individuals, but to work towards union recognition for the future. Recognition means the right to negotiate for groups of employees. This means you would benefit from rights to proper negotiation on issues such as pay, redundancy and certain terms and conditions, as there's a legal basis for being at the negotiating table.
In the past we achieved this for employees in Vodafone Regional Operations north and south. We were then able to negotiate on their behalf when the company outsourced the work to Ericsson and they still benefit from union recognition today.
Also, as a member you will also be able to take advantage of other benefits and services including:
- 24-hour legal helpline for non-employment issues
- Preferential rates for home, travel, car and commercial insurance
- Independent financial advice
- Debt advice service
- Benevolent fund for members or their dependents, plus many more...
You could benefit too if you join Prospect and encourage others to join as well – membership is just £8.15 a month.
To join Prospect, simply click on the link to the right and fill in our application form.