As well as receiving expert advice from Prospect's team of full-time negotiations officers, members are also entitled to professional advice and support from our network of local, elected representatives.
Local representatives ensure that:
- members are kept informed of major industrial relations and professional issues
- members are represented on local consultative committees dealing with staff issues and concerns
- individual members are represented in pursuing complaints and disciplinary matters
- groups of members are represented on collective issues
- liaison with other trade unions in the local authority takes place where appropriate.
Our local representatives are based across the UK, and act as the first point of contact between members and their employers. They are elected by branches of members working in local authorities, or by members working in private or voluntary sector organisations which undertake similar functions.
We run termly events for local ECS Group reps to update them on industry-specific issues.
If you are interested in becoming an ECS Group local representative, contact email@example.com for further information.