Here are some useful resources to help you get the most out of your membership.
- Understand your rights at work
- Keep in touch with your branch
- Access Prospect’s legal services
- Earn £10 for referring a new member to Prospect
- Join our political fund, to support our campaigns work
- Get careers advice
- Access Prospect Plus - our member discounts scheme
- Join our Energy Club, which helps you save on your bills
- Get Financial advice, will-writing and debt advice services
- Protect your income if you’re unable to work due to illness or injury
- Sign up for health (including eye and dental care) plans
- Contact Prospect and your regional office
- Update contact and any other information we hold for you
Note that some of the benefits and services require your membership number to access them. This is usually emailed to you within a couple of days of joining.
Your rights at work
There are minimum legal requirements for your rights at work that we think everyone should understand. In many cases, your employment contract will improve on these, but we think it’s worth taking a few minutes to learn about your rights when it comes to:
- Your employment contract
- Pay and pensions
- Discrimination and detriment
- Family rights
- Part-time and flexible working
- Health and safety
- Trade union rights
- Time off
- Dismissal and redundancy
- What happens if your job is contracted out
- What happens if your company shuts down
Keep in touch with your branch
Branches are the key unit of organisation for our members. Most are employer-based, ie members of a branch all work for the same employer even if they're scattered across the UK in different locations. Others operate across a number of employers in the same industry.
Once you're logged into the website, you can find your local branch details and contacts on your union contacts page.
Prospect's legal services
Members have access to a legal services for work and non-work related issues. This includes help with:
To get legal help, call LegalLine: 0808 28 193 28
Career Smart offers impartial information on career progression, pensions, self-employment and CV writing. It also offers a career audit, salary calculator and podcasts about the world of work.
Saves you money on lifestyle, motoring, travel, insurance, shopping and entertainment
- Register with The Cinema Society for up to 40% off cinema tickets at Vue and Odeon.
- Get 15% off membership at gyms including Fitness First, The Gym and Virgin Active
- Earn up to 8% cashback on with MyCashbackCards
- Savings on Apple products and accessories, including free delivery
- Save 12% on short UK and overseas breaks at top attractions, concert, theatre and dining packages.
- 20% off travel insurance with Columbus Direct
- 10% off vehicle breakdown cover with StartRescue
- Up to a third off EE mobile tariffs with Voice Mobile
You’ll need to log in to our website with your membership number to get access to these discounts.
Save money on your energy bills by pooling your bargaining power with thousands of other Prospect members. The more people join the Prospect Energy Club, the more members save.
We offer a range of free or discounted financial advice services:
- Get an annual financial check up from Lighthouse Financial services
- Use our free will-writing service:
- For members in England and Wales
- For members in Scotland, call 0808 28 193 28
- Unfortunately, free will-writing is not available to members in Northern Ireland and the Channel Islands
Get advice and support from Payplan to help you manage debt repayments.
PG Mutual offers income protection insurance if you’re unable to work due to illness or injury. Up to 70% of your gross earnings (or £1,200 a week, whichever is lower) can be covered with their Income Protection Plus plan. Save 20% on your first two years if you sign up via Prospect Plus.
Baxter’s Streetwise offers Prospect members 25% off the cost of your current home insurance premium with an additional 5% no claims bonus if you stay for a second year.
We offer discounted health plans for:
- Eye care, with savings on glasses, sunglasses and contact lenses at Vision Express
- Medical expenses, with our Health Cash Plan
- Dental care, whether NHS or private.
All contact regional contact information is available on the contact page.
Updating your records with us
You can check and update your records at any time.