Prospect's legal services
As well as work-related advice and support, your Prospect membership gives you access to a high-quality, responsive and effective range of non-work related legal services.
Legal fees: why we're different
Members are eligible for advice from highly specialised lawyers on personal injury claims. Unlike many other firms, you can rest assured that by bringing your claim through Prospect’s solicitors you will always retain 100% of your damages payments.
Our legal advice scheme covers:
- LegalLine: 24-hour telephone hotline giving free initial legal advice on any non-employment legal issues
- Personal injury: where an accident or illness is due to the negligence of the employer or a third party
- Clinical negligence
- Criminal injuries compensation
- Regulatory & criminal: criminal offences arising in the workplace and in the course of official duties
- Welfare benefits
- Discounted services
- conveyancing and property
- family and childcare
- later life
How to access help
Our legal services are set out on these web pages, which include information on how to access them.
Members - please log in to find out how to access our legal services.
- your local Prospect representative (see 'your union officials')
- your full-time negotiator, or
- the legal team at New Prospect House – call 020 7902 6624 or 020 7902 6629 or email ProspectLegal@prospect.org.uk
Some of the legal services described on our website are provided directly by Prospect’s solicitors. Members in England, Scotland and Wales seeking access to these services (excluding advice on employment rights at work) can phone LegalLine on 0808 28 193 28. You will need to have your membership number and a brief outline of the issue ready when you ring.