Prospect's 'Step Up' change programme
'Step Up' is the new programme of improvements being delivered over the next 1 - 5 years to improve the way we recruit, retain and serve Prospect members.
Why do we need a change programme?
Like all organisations, Prospect is facing a huge amount of change in the external environment. Within the world of employment, changes and challenges are even more extreme than in many other areas. Between pay freezes, redundancies, changes in employment law and the proposed new Trade Union Reform bill, there are plenty of challenges to tackle.
In addition, we know that the needs of our members are always changing. As the world evolves, how you want to be represented, protected, and engaged will also change. As the union for professionals, we pride ourselves on being a leader in the trade union movement, and providing the effective, high-quality representation and protection for the 21st century.
What will the change mean for members?
There are a range of initiatives that will form part of the change programme, but essentially, the programme is all about improving how we represent and service you, as a Prospect member. Initiatives include (but are not limited to):
- Innovations in how we recruit and retain - the more members we have, the stronger our voice in your workplace or industry.
- Introducing a new member contact centre in 2017 - to provide you with effective service, when you need it.
- Re-launching our work in the public service – to reflect the significant changes across civil and public service workplaces.
- Developing a set of agreed values that guide how members, representatives and staff work together to deliver our goals and objectives.
You can download a diagram showing the structure and governance of the programme.
How can members get involved?
We value the opinion of every Prospect member – it’s what we’re all about. Therefore we would very much like to know what your thoughts are. You can do this by:
- completing our short online survey
- volunteering to join an email network of members who we will contact as a test group for new ideas and services. To join this network, please email your interest to email@example.com
- You can also watch a video of some members who participated in our recent focus groups.
In addition, if you check back to this page regularly, we will keep you updated on specific projects as they get underway, and ongoing opportunities for you to be involved.
If you have any questions about the Step Up programme, or any other aspect of our service to you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org