Becoming a member
Do you care about your pay, pension, working hours, career development, health and safety or equality of opportunity? Do you want representation at work and advice if you have a problem? Then join Prospect today.
Our members work in areas as diverse as agriculture, defence, energy, environment, heritage, shipbuilding, film, theatre, telecoms and transport. They range from air traffic controllers to archaeologists, ICT professionals to industrial chemists, directors to draughtsmen, vehicle examiners to vets. They include graduate trainees, apprentices, freelancers and short-term contractors as well as permanent staff.
If you work in the media and entertainment industry, please visit our BECTU sector website
10 reasons to join Prospect
- Everybody needs a voice at work. With Prospect your voice will be stronger than if you speak alone.
- Workplace cultures and processes can be complex to navigate – you need an independent expert, solely on your side.
- We will help you develop at work – we offer training, mentoring and other support, giving you skills that will help you take an active role in Prospect and benefit you in your professional life.
- We are a community of people like you – successful individuals that care about their work.
- We give members an advantage – through personal advice, legal and pension expertise.
- We negotiate with and influence employers and government to ensure members share in the success they generate. We are politically independent, enabling us to lobby with credibility in all quarters.
- We campaign for better workplaces and satisfying work – collaboration with other members gives wider influence.
- We make sure your surroundings are healthy and safe.
- We offer benefits and financial services available only to members.
- If the day comes when you have a good case for representation in a court or employment tribunal, Prospect will pay your fees. Left on your own, one hour’s advice from a high street solicitor could easily cost you more than your annual subscription to Prospect.
So join us in Prospect. It's a sound move. You'll be part of the most diverse union of professionals in the UK, with highly-skilled members in over 300 major employers.