BT, EDF Energy, Magnox
- How will you ensure that key, cross-border industries – including energy, telecoms, broadcasting, nuclear, science and aviation – can prosper outside the single market?
- Will you publish a coherent long-term policy framework to secure the investment necessary to deliver secure, sustainable and affordable energy in the UK?
- Will you take action to tackle skills gaps in the energy sector by including a specific training allowance and ring-fenced training funds within support frameworks such as contracts for difference, the renewable obligation, and Ofgem’s regulatory reviews?
- Will you commission a review of the work and purpose of the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority with the aim of growing the UK’s share of the worldwide £580bn decommissioning market?
- Will you provide the telecoms sector with the certainty and stability needed to deliver necessary investment by ruling out further interference in the legal and operational structure of BT and its subsidiary OpenReach?
- Will you prioritise a data adequacy agreement with the EU to ensure that Brexit does not disrupt data flows and the UK’s ability to access the digital single market?
Therese Coffey (Conservative)
The Prime Minister wants a comprehensive free trade agreement with full access to the single market for goods, services and data.
I refer you to the manifesto regarding energy. You will be aware of the situation regarding the Sizewell plants.
Cameron Matthews (Labour)
James Sandbach (Lib Dem)