2010 national conference
Prospect's 2010 national conference was held at the BT Convention Centre, Liverpool, from 2-4 June.
Conference papers were issued electronically for 2010 except for the final agenda and relevant documents. See the bottom of the page for a list of downloadable conference documents.
In this area of the site you can find:
- the conference timetable
- conference decisions - the outcome of votes on the motions debated
- NEC election results
- details of conference fringe meetings.
This was the first time Prospect has held its conference in Liverpool. To mark this, we organised a number of events in the area, both in workplaces and at the conference centre itself.
An exhibition area at the conference featured stands from a number of Prospect's members' service providers, as well as representatives from some of our HQ departments.
We held a number of fringe meetings in the conference centre.
We signed up a number of new members while we were in Liverpool, at workplace events which were advertised locally. At all of these, as a special incentive:
- any member introducing a non-member who joined received a voucher worth £10 or alternatively Prospect donated £10 to a charity of their choice
- anyone from the Liverpool area who joined Prospect during Conference week, or in the week after, received the first three months of membership free
- all new members and those who introduced them were entered into a draw for a special prize.
Wednesday 2 June
09:30: Opening of Conference
09:40: Adoption of Standing Orders Committee Report
10:00: Presentation of Prospect Annual Report by Paul Noon, General Secretary
12:45: Close of Session
14:00: Rules (cont)
16:00: Recruitment, Learning and Services to Members
17:30: Recruitment and Organising Awards
17:40: Close of Session
Thursday 3 June
09:15: Energy and Environment
09:55: Health and Safety
10:20: Diversity and Equality
10:50: Guest Speaker - Brendan Barber, General Secretary, TUC
11:10: Employment Issues
12:10: Pay and Allowances
12:35: Close of Session
13:50: Presentation of Statement of Accounts
14:00: Social and Public Policy
17:15: Prospect Organisation
17:45: Close of Session
Friday 4 June
9:15: Prospect Organisation (cont)
10:10: Guest Speaker
11:30: Appointment, Award and Appreciation
11:45: Emergency Motions
12:45: Adoption of Annual Report and Statement of Accounts
13:00: Close of Conference