Prospect can get involved with organisational change.
- Find out whether your employer has a change management policy? If not ask for one to be developed and put in place.
- H&S reps can use their rights to being consulted under Regulation 4A of the SRSC Regs1977. If you're a H&S rep, know your rights and use them. You can find more on change and H&S law or about fulfilling your role in the H&S Rep toolkit.
- Ensure your employer brings primary preventive measures to stress management and uses the stress competency framework in line management training. This should ensure a stress risk assessment approach is used and understood. See our stress page for more.
Find out company records on:
- working hours
- staff turnover
- staff attendance
- accidents & ill health
- staff surveys
- risk/body mapping
- change checklists: 20 questions for reps, 15 statements of what 'good' change management looks like
- TUC guide to representing those with mental health problems
Consider the options:
Discuss which route you wish to take with your Prospect negotiator. Then follow-through.
Our WorkTime YourTime resources may help. There are many examples of flexible working options our members have gained through negotiation.
For a hard copy read of our advice on organisational change download Fair Change.