What is a Company RegTech Advisor?
The role can involve 8 broad elements:
- Encourage eligible individuals to apply to register
- Help members assess their eligibility
- Signpost appropriate professional bodies
- Help individuals access application forms
- Support an individual in completing the application form
- Host technician workshops with support from Prospect and professional bodies
- Distribute promotional materials regarding technician registration around the workplace to raise awareness of the opportunity
- Participate and engage in a RegTech advisors’ network to maintain your own continuing professional development and inform best practice
Additionally, if you are a member of Prospect:
- Additional CPD opportunities will be available to members only
How do I become a Prospect RegTech advisor?
There are a number of short steps including asking your employer:
- Are you involved in the technician registration programme – or perhaps a science council employer champion?
- Is there someone within the business who is a technician champion or lead?
- Is there an apprenticeship programme?
- Is the apprenticeship programme approved by a professional body?
- Will the business express an interest in participating in Prospect’s Regtech training and network via email@example.com?
- If appropriate, inform your local Prospect Branch Secretary of your interest
A key point when considering if becoming a RegTech Advisor is for you:
- Your availability to attend the training and support colleagues through the registration process
Why would you become a Prospect RegTech advisor?
- Opportunity to expand and develop your own transferable skills
- Develop a new dimension to your career – meet any personal aspirations or company or professional objectives.
- Act as a mentor to younger and or less experienced technicians – sharing your skills and expertise
- Develop a wider understanding of business needs and solutions.