How we support members at work
Advising and supporting members at work is a fundamental part of what we do.
It's part of our day-to-day work to:
- ensure that members are aware of their employment rights
- handle individual grievance and disciplinary cases
- take major legal cases on behalf of large numbers of staff
- negotiate pay and conditions
- promote members' health, safety and wellbeing
- protect their pensions
- support and promote their career development
- ensure equality of opportunity
- seek to make positive changes to the quality of their working lives.