Prospect always strives to provide the highest level of service to members. But we recognise that issues can arise, and have drawn up a complaints process to help us remedy them. This page summarises the complaints process; members can download the full version.
If you are dissatisfied with any aspect of our service, please speak to your local representative or Prospect full time officer in the first instance. Issues can often be resolved by discussing the problem and identifying a solution. If you are unsure who your representative or full-time officer is, please contact Prospect's Member Contact Centre on 0300 600 1878; they will direct your call to the appropriate person.
If you remain dissatisfied after discussions with your representative and/or full-time officer, you have the opportunity of making a formal complaint.
Making a formal complaint
Please read the full procedure to check whether this is the appropriate mechanism for your complaint.
If you are happy that it is appropriate for you to proceed, please email details of your complaint, along with any supporting documentation, to email@example.com
What is covered by the formal complaints procedure?
This procedure is for managing complaints made by Prospect members with regard to:
- a failure in Prospect service or any action on behalf of the union by a member of staff or elected representative that has directly adversely affected the complainant
- an individual who has taken any action or conducted themselves in a way which is thought to be derogatory to the interests of the union.
What is NOT covered by the formal complaints procedure?
This procedure does not cover the following:
- claims for damages or similar arising out of policy decisions by Prospect, or contesting those policy decisions
- grievances raised by Prospect employees unless the grievance involves a complaint about the actions of a Prospect member or elected representatives. (Where a grievance raised by a Prospect employee relating to a Prospect member or elected representative is taken through internal Prospect procedures and is upheld, the outcome should be taken forward through this procedure.)
- complaints about Prospect made by staff, whether members or not
- complaints about applications for subject access under the GDPR and Data Protection Act 2018.