Job opportunities with Prospect
Any current vacancies we are advertising will be displayed on this page. If you are a member, please ensure you are logged in to be able to view member-only vacancies.
Please scroll down to view all our current vacancies
Prospect is committed to protecting the privacy of individuals and complying with our obligations under GDPR. Please see the Job Applicants' Privacy Notice which explains how Prospect will process and hold your information when you apply for a vacancy and your rights as a data subject.
Prospect is an equal opportunities employer.
BECTU Vision Learning Co-ordinator
Fixed term contract until 31/03/2021 (with the possibility of a new contract beyond)
Based in the BECTU Office, Glasgow
£29,942 - £35,752 per annum
35 hours per week
Prospect is a leading trade union that that delivers advice, support, representation and a voice for our members. We are a not-for-profit organisation with over 250 staff helping to support more than 142,000 people in specialist, professional and technical roles across the private and public sectors.
BECTU - a sector of Prospect, is the trade union for those working in the media, entertainment, digital and communications industry. Established in 2010, BECTU Vision delivers targeted short courses and a drama training programme of activity to support the skills development of freelance film and television practitioners in Scotland. In partnership with the BBC, BECTU Vision is funded by Scottish Union Learning, Screen Scotland and ScreenSkills.
Diversity is an important value for the trade union movement, and as an organisation we are passionate about promoting equality at work and are committed to it for all our staff; we would be particularly interested in applications from groups that are under-represented in the workplace.
Prospect is a great place to work - this role has access to our high-quality defined benefit pension scheme and 25 days annual leave each year plus bank holidays. We offer a good work-life balance and offer support for training and development.
We are currently seeking to engage a Project Co-ordinator to support the Project Managers in running this dynamic project. The post will be based in Glasgow. We promote a flexible working environment and will accept applications for part time working, job sharing and will consider other requests for flexibility; some flexibility in hours worked may occasionally be required to meet the needs of the learning programme.
What the role entails
- Co-ordinate the project in line with Funder’s requirements and Union practices
- Undertake office administration as required to support the Project Managers include the upkeep and maintenance of office systems and financial records
- Organise and support training course and event delivery including: booking rooms and facilities, printing of training materials, setting up of training rooms including ICT equipment, arranging travel and accommodation, catering and registering of learners as necessary
- Ensure that the project complies with General Data Protection Regulations
- Supporting Project Managers with preparation of reports and presentations
- Setting up and maintenance of online booking, monitoring and marketing systems for learning activities and events. This includes drafting marketing copy for courses and promoting through the various digital platforms such as SurveyMonkey, Eventbrite, Mailchimp, BECTU Vision website, Twitter & Facebook
- Source and produce practical marketing and promotional materials for the learning project e.g Pop-up banners, bags, stationery, flyers etc
- Undertake personal and professional learning and development appropriate to the role
- Support and promote union campaigns more broadly
- Undertake additional duties appropriate to the grade
- Excellent administrative, organisational and communication skills
- Excellent IT skills (Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and the ability to work with online booking and marketing tools such as Eventbrite, Mailchimp and SurveyMonkey). Training will be provided for specific software, unions and project information systems.
- A commitment to union values including equality, diversity and inclusion
- Demonstrable experience of working unsupervised
- Prepared to work occasional evenings/weekends as agreed
- A full valid driving licence
We are keen to hear from candidates who have experience in any of the following areas:
- Film and television production
- Marketing and promotion
- Processing invoices and maintaining financial records
- Delivery of adult learning
For further details or an application form please email email@example.com
Closing date: NOON 29th July 2019
CVs will not be accepted