Job opportunities with Prospect
Any current vacancies we are advertising will be displayed on this page. If you are a member, please ensure you are logged in to be able to view member-only vacancies.
Please scroll down to view all our current vacancies
Prospect is committed to protecting the privacy of individuals and complying with our obligations under GDPR. Please see the Job Applicants' Privacy Notice which explains how Prospect will process and hold your information when you apply for a vacancy and your rights as a data subject.
Prospect is an equal opportunities employer.
Helpdesk Advisor (Employment Law)
Member Contact Centre & Helpline
- Based in London, Waterloo
- Permanent position
- Salary £29,942 (plus inner London weighting of £3,039 ) - Permanent position
Prospect is a leading trade union that delivers advice, support, representation and a voice for our members. We are a not-for-profit organisation with over 250 staff helping to support more than 142,000 people in specialist, professional and technical roles across the private and public sectors.
Our members want to get on at work. They work in a diverse range of professions, including energy, science, engineering, heritage, defence, entertainment and digital. As a union for modern working life we aim to get the best deal for our members by using evidence and building partnerships – while never being scared to call employers out when they get things wrong.
Our priorities are to grow our membership through attracting new members and to improve our impact, whether that is helping members win improvements at work or changing the policy environment which affects them.
Diversity is an important value for the trade union movement, and as an organisation we are passionate about promoting equality at work and are committed to it for all our staff; we are always pleased to receive applications from groups that are underrepresented in the workplace.
Prospect is a great place to work - this role has access to our high-quality defined benefit pension scheme and 25 days annual leave each year rising to 33 days per year over time. We offer a good work-life balance, flexible working options and offer support for training and development.
We are seeking to recruit a Helpdesk Advisor based in the Member Contact Centre & Helpline
35 hours per week. Working hours are between 8:00am-7:30pm on a shift basis Location: Waterloo, London.
Salary range starting at £29,942 rising with annual incremental steps to £35,752 (subject to satisfactory performance).
As a Helpdesk Advisor within our Member Contact Centre, you'll use your professional attitude, communication skills and customer service experience to deliver an excellent service to Prospect members.
Your role will be widely varied from updating member records to providing support and advice on a broad range of employment issues. You’ll need to have an empathetic and understanding manner and be able to work confidently with our members to ensure Prospect delivers world class customer service.
This is a great opportunity to join Prospect at an exciting time with plenty of room for long term progression and development.
Employee benefits include:
- 25 days leave on entry rising to 33 days over time in addition to bank/public holidays
- a contributory defined benefit pension scheme with a substantial employer contribution
- 3% incremental steps on basic salary at 1 Jan each year subject to successful performance in the role and the maximum of the grade
- access to training to support career development plus many other benefits
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
Knowledge & Skills
- Employment Law knowledge
- Excellent telephone manner with strong verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Sound analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to understand and apply processes
- Ability to build rapport quickly
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to multitask and priorities
- Ability to work in a team and work using initiative
- Proven track record of providing excellent customer service, preferably within a contact centre environment
- Experience of learning new systems to a high standard
- Experience of working proactively, self-managing time and workload
- Good understanding of customer support/call progression
- Experience of capturing detailed information and data input
- Experience of providing support and advice to customers
For further details or to request an application pack please email email@example.com
CV’s will not be accepted
Closing date: Noon Tuesday 27th August 2019
Interviews will be held on a date to be confirmed.