Job opportunities with Prospect
Any current vacancies we are advertising will be displayed on this page. If you are a member, please ensure you are logged in to be able to view member-only vacancies.
Prospect is committed to protecting the privacy of individuals and complying with our obligations under GDPR. Please see the Job Applicants' Privacy Notice which explains how Prospect will process and hold your information when you apply for a vacancy and your rights as a data subject.
Prospect is an equal opportunities employer.
Based in Prospect’s recently opened Northern Ireland Office
Salary Range £15,194 - £18,142 (for 21 hours per week)
21 HOURS PER WEEK – days to be confirmed
Prospect is the trade union of choice for professional, technical and managerial staff in a range of occupations across the public and private sectors – our members vary from nuclear physicists and engineers to film directors and cinematographers – with many more in between, currently our membership stands at over 140,000.
For each of these members we provide advice, support, representation, a voice in both national and devolved government and industry policy. We employ in excess of 250 staff, many in our London headquarters, but also in our offices in the English regions, Wales, Northern Ireland and Scotland. Our shared standards of respect, working together, service excellence, accountability and integrity define the way we interact with our members, with our reps, and with each other.
Prospect is seeking to recruit an Executive Assistant to support the Negotiations Officer who is based in our recently opened Northern Ireland Office in Belfast. This is a permanent, part time, position and your hours of work will be 21 hours per week. You will need to have a positive attitude, excellent attention to detail and good organisational skills to ensure the highest level of service is provided to Prospect Members and to the team around you.
Specifically, the applicants should have:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Strong team working skills
- Comprehensive administration skills with excellent attention to detail including the ability to take minutes of meetings
- Good organisational skills and the ability to prioritise workloads and meet deadlines
- Diary management
- Strong IT skills, ideally including use of social media
- Ability to solve problems in a professional manner
- Influencing skills
- Ability to follow processes and systems
Employee benefits include:
- 25 days leave on entry rising to 33 days (pro rata) after 5 years of service in addition to bank/public holidays
- a contributory defined benefit pension scheme with an employer contribution of 13.2%
- access to training to support career development plus many other benefits
Applications must be received by NOON 11th MARCH 2019.
It is anticipated that interviews will be held throughout the day on the 21st March 2019.
For further details/ application form please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Prospect is an Equal Opportunities Employer