Job opportunities with Prospect
Any current vacancies we are advertising will be displayed on this page. If you are a member, please ensure you are logged in to be able to view member-only vacancies.
New Prospect House, 8 Leake Street, London, SE1 7NN
£28,850 - £34,448 (plus inner London weighting of £2,928)
35 hours per week as rostered - Working hours are between 8:00am-7:30pm on a shift basis
Prospect is the trade union of choice for over 140,000 professionals, specialists and managers from across the UK. Our members vary from nuclear physicists and engineers to film directors and cinematographers – with many more in between. For each of these members we provide advice, support, representation, and a voice in government and industry policy. Join us and you can make a real difference to the lives of working people.
What the role entails
Prospect has recently established a new Member Contact Centre and Helpline. As a Helpdesk Advisor within this department, you'll use your professional attitude, communication skills and customer service experience to deliver an excellent service to Prospect members.
Your responsibilities will vary from updating member records to providing initial support and advice on a broad range of employment issues. You will need to have an empathetic and understanding manner and the ability to instil confidence within our members to ensure Prospect delivers world class customer service.
This is a great opportunity for a customer focused Helpdesk Advisor to join Prospect at an exciting time with plenty of scope for long term progression and development.
Specifically, the individual will be required to have:
- Excellent telephone manner with strong verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Sound analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to understand and apply processes
- Ability to build rapport quickly
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to multitask and priorities
- Ability to work in a team and work using initiative
- Employment Law knowledge (desirable)
- Proven track record of providing excellent customer service, preferably within a contact centre environment
- Experience of learning new systems to a high standard
- Experience of working proactively, self-managing time and workload
- Good understanding of customer support/call progression
- Experience of capturing detailed information and data input
- Experience of providing support and advice to customers
Please e-mail your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org detailing how you meet the competencies outlined in the role profile. The closing date for applications is 12 noon, Friday 27 April 2018. A copy of the role profile is available to download.
Prospect is an equal opportunities employer