Prospect National Nuclear Laboratory
Health and Safety
Your safety is our concern...
Prospect safety representatives work on your behalf with the Company and its associated businesses by:
- carrying out safety inspections.
- attending joint safety meetings where your issues are discussed with management.
- investigating potential hazards and complaints by members.
- examining the causes of accidents at the workplace.
- being consulted by the Employer over health and safety issues.
These are all legal rights. The employer must allow Prospect safety representatives to undertake these functions. Also by law, union safety representatives can also represent non-members on health and safety issues.