PROSPECT WEBSITE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Bulletin boards (discussion forums)
Any message posted on the forums expresses only the views of the message author and does not necessarily reflect the views of Prospect or those of forum administrators and moderators. Neither these Forums, nor any person or entity associated with them, will be held responsible for the contents, accuracy, completeness or validity of any information posted in them.
Any user who believes that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact the moderators immediately by clicking on the "report this message" link below that post. We will make every effort to review reported comments and take appropriate action within a reasonable period of time. Since this is a manual process, you are advised that we may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately.
By using the Prospect discussion forums, you signify that you agree to the following statements:
- You will not use our forums to post any material, or links to any material, which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy or which would violate any law.
- You acknowledge that Prospect’s objects promote equal opportunities for all members irrespective of their race, ethnic origin, sex, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or religion
- You are solely responsible for the content of your contributions to these forums, and you will indemnify and hold harmless Prospect and its agents and employees with respect to any claim based upon the appearance and/or transmission of your contribution(s).
- You will not post any copyrighted material without the express permission of the copyright holder, unless such copyright is owned by you.
- You will not advertise or offer to sell any goods or services for any commercial purpose on this forum, or post information from chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations.
- You will not impersonate another person or organisation when registering or posting to these forums.
- You will not restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the forums.
- We reserve the right to edit, move or delete any material posted in the discussion forums for reasons of clarity, or to ensure the forums are as useful as possible, at our sole discretion.
- We reserve the right to edit and/or remove objectionable messages, or those which we have received complaint reports about from other users.
- We reserve the right to ban or restrict users who we judge to be abusing a forum, or who do not adhere to their obligations above, and remove any or all of their posts from the forums, without appeal.
- We reserve the right to change the structure or features of the site, or to add or remove forums or topics as and when we see fit.
2. Copyright and reproduction of content
In contributing to this website, you agree that you do not retain copyright of the work, and that Prospect has the right to publish it. No one shall, without Prospect’s prior consent transmit, reproduce or store any of the material from the Prospect site in any other web site or incorporate or reproduce any material in any database whether electronic, manual or printed from. Requests for consent should be submitted to Prospect.
3. Privacy and data protection
This site gathers personal information to enable registration, and demographic information about the day-to-day usage of our web server. Information you provide will be used by Prospect for the effective administration of this site and to record user patterns. We will not disclose any details to any third party, except to any service provider managing or administering the site on Prospect’s behalf.
Using the details that we hold about you on our database, including your email address, we may contact you with details of Prospect initiatives, services and products. But we will never pass your e-mail address or other details to another organisation, without first obtaining your consent, other than our service providers for management and administration purposes, for the provision of members’ benefits or information about those benefits (such as holidays, insurance etc) unless you have opted out of this, and to answer your specific queries.
Please see our data protection notice for further detail.
Given that the internet is a global environment, collection and processing personal data necessarily involves the transmission of data on an international basis. Therefore, by browsing this web site and communicating electronically with us, you acknowledge and agree to our processing of personal data in this way.
4. External links
The Prospect site contains links to third party web sites that are maintained by others. These links are provided solely as a convenience to you, and not as an endorsement of the contents on such third-party sites by Prospect.
Prospect is not responsible for the content of linked third-party sites and cannot make any representations regarding the content or accuracy of materials on such third-party Web sites. We welcome suggestions for new links, but reserve the right to publish or not publish links at our own discretion.