NEC and presidential team elections 2012
The procedure to elect Prospect's National Executive Committee and presidential team for 2012-2014 is now under way. Thirty-two candidates are standing for the 23 seats on the national executive.
The timetable is as follows:
- Last date for submission of formal nominations and election addresses: no later than 12 noon on Tuesday 21 February 2012
- Issue of NEC ballot papers to Working Members: Tuesday 20 March 2012.
- Return of ballot papers in accordance with Rule 9.6 (3): original deadline was Tuesday 17 April 2012 by no later than 6pm
- The deadline has since been extended by nine days, to 6pm on 26 April. This decision was taken to allow all members extra time to vote in the ballot because of the late despatch of voting papers to 950 members.
- Results will be published as soon as they are available from the Electoral Reform Society.
The presidential team ballot will be conducted at national conference from amongst the candidates successfully elected to the NEC.